About REBECCA PRIESTLEYI’m a science historian and writer. I write about all sorts of things, but I’m mostly interested in New Zealand’s science history, about which I’ve curated two exhibitions, The Art of Science and Butterflies, Boffins & Black Smokers. I write a regular science column for The Listener, which you can read here, and I’ve completed four books, which you can read more about here. I’m now working on an anthology of Antarctic science, which should be finished ... soon and trying to decide between two new book projects: a worthy history of science biography and a fun contemporary science story. Perhaps I'll do both. I mostly blog when I'm adventuring - most of these posts are from recent trips to Antarctica and the Kermadec Islands.
- RT @AcademiaObscura: How many academics are in this sweet spot? https://t.co/jFd3G1dj6u 4 hours ago
- For. Fucks. Sake. twitter.com/thehill/status… 5 hours ago
- just woke from a cool dream: @ashleigh_young and I were floating down a river on lilos on a misty, drizzly day. 12 hours ago
- Offering sanctuary to a stranded Aucklander! Working out quite well so far #Wellington #fog https://t.co/ytJwY6FWyC 23 hours ago
- Too easy! You've won a free copy of Dispatches from Continent Seven ❄️😁❄️ twitter.com/rachaelking70/… 1 day ago