About REBECCA PRIESTLEYI’m a science historian and writer. I write about all sorts of things, but I’m mostly interested in New Zealand’s science history, about which I’ve curated two exhibitions, The Art of Science and Butterflies, Boffins & Black Smokers. I write a regular science column for The Listener, which you can read here, and I’ve completed four books, which you can read more about here. I’m now working on an anthology of Antarctic science, which should be finished ... soon and trying to decide between two new book projects: a worthy history of science biography and a fun contemporary science story. Perhaps I'll do both. I mostly blog when I'm adventuring - most of these posts are from recent trips to Antarctica and the Kermadec Islands.
- RT @MrJonathanKing: Canada trolling USA hard right now ... twitter.com/ItsCanadaTime/… 1 day ago
- Celebrating "unruly thinking, creativity, interdisciplinarity": @VicUniWgtn launches student Creativity Scholarships victoria.ac.nz/study/student-… 2 days ago
- "Let’s get rid of all the damn mustelids, rats, possums” Paul Callaghan on #PredatorFreeNZ in 2012 @nzlistener story listener.co.nz/current-affair… 2 days ago
- RT @Antzkiwi: Another 4 weeks to the next sunrise, but at least we can still enjoy a nice moonrise. Scott Base #Antarctica #Aurora https://… 3 days ago
- RT @LaQuishaR: I just published “Men are from Mars, but I seem to be half Venetian.” medium.com/@laquishar… 3 days ago