About REBECCA PRIESTLEYI’m a science historian and writer. I write about all sorts of things, but I’m mostly interested in New Zealand’s science history, about which I’ve curated two exhibitions, The Art of Science and Butterflies, Boffins & Black Smokers. I write a regular science column for The Listener, which you can read here, and I’ve completed four books, which you can read more about here. I’m now working on an anthology of Antarctic science, which should be finished ... soon and trying to decide between two new book projects: a worthy history of science biography and a fun contemporary science story. Perhaps I'll do both. I mostly blog when I'm adventuring - most of these posts are from recent trips to Antarctica and the Kermadec Islands.
- RT @CillaWehi: Do you study #maori? Like plants? Summer studentship at @LCR_NZ with @hemiwhaanga & me on #whakataukī. Msg me! @JacquelineB… 1 day ago
- A few days left to apply for academic #scicomm position with our team @VicUniWgtn! Applications close 26 October sciencernr.files.wordpress.com/2016/09/advert… 1 day ago
- RT @naish_tim: We will need this important cargo to get into the Transantarctic Mountains @AntarcticaNZ @VicUniWgtn https://t.co/cfEvAzO2yl 1 day ago
- RT @FergusVUP: Heads up Christchurch: @ashleigh_young is reading, 6.30pm today: catalystnz.blogspot.co.nz/2016/09/canter… 2 days ago
- RT @VicMetcalf_NZ: Who's going to be at #scicommnz #scichatnz chat at 20:30 tonight? @scicommnz #scicomm sciblogs.co.nz/ice-doctor/201… 2 days ago