About REBECCA PRIESTLEYI’m a science historian and writer. I write about all sorts of things, but I’m mostly interested in New Zealand’s science history, about which I’ve curated two exhibitions, The Art of Science and Butterflies, Boffins & Black Smokers. I write a regular science column for The Listener, which you can read here, and I’ve completed four books, which you can read more about here. I’m now working on an anthology of Antarctic science, which should be finished ... soon and trying to decide between two new book projects: a worthy history of science biography and a fun contemporary science story. Perhaps I'll do both. I mostly blog when I'm adventuring - most of these posts are from recent trips to Antarctica and the Kermadec Islands.
- RT @pv_reynolds: Taking the train not only relaxing, civilised, & growing market share, also lowers emission 84% compared to flying. https:… 29 minutes ago
- Big thanks to @DeepSouth_NZ and @PunahaMatatini for supporting the fund - we also accept donations through… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 20 hours ago
- Congratulations to recipients of first round of funding! @NaomiArnold @simonmorton @Jamienzherald @eloise_gibson… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 20 hours ago
- RT @smcnz: Congrats to grantees of the Science Journalism Fund. 20 applications for $20,000 - 6 projects funded! ow.ly/SQ2j30exXQm @s… 21 hours ago
- RT @KupuHou: Awhi - embrace, support. https://t.co/4dootSBSyE 1 day ago