About REBECCA PRIESTLEYI’m a science historian and writer. I write about all sorts of things, but I’m mostly interested in New Zealand’s science history, about which I’ve curated two exhibitions, The Art of Science and Butterflies, Boffins & Black Smokers. I write a regular science column for The Listener, which you can read here, and I’ve completed four books, which you can read more about here. I’m now working on an anthology of Antarctic science, which should be finished ... soon and trying to decide between two new book projects: a worthy history of science biography and a fun contemporary science story. Perhaps I'll do both. I mostly blog when I'm adventuring - most of these posts are from recent trips to Antarctica and the Kermadec Islands.
- CFP: Special issue of #Polar Record on Education, Outreach, Engagement @antarcticassag @Polar_Research @SCAR_Tweets sciencernr.wordpress.com/2017/04/19/cal… 3 hours ago
- Fab interview from @Knhannah on invisible women in NZ science. Top work Kate! radionz.co.nz/national/progr… #histsci 1 day ago
- Someone at cafe table next to me is talking (seriously) about communicating via wormhole to the Andromeda Galaxy. Distracting in good way :) 1 day ago
- RT @giselledraws: Another page of #ICE101x notes, but time to move on to week 2 now! https://t.co/VHsz227ISK 2 days ago
- RT @devandclom: #STEM Free hi-res posters (and a ton of great info and links) celebrating Mighty Women in Science amightygirl.com/blog?p=14570 h… 2 days ago