About REBECCA PRIESTLEYI’m a science historian and writer. I write about all sorts of things, but I’m mostly interested in New Zealand’s science history, about which I’ve curated two exhibitions, The Art of Science and Butterflies, Boffins & Black Smokers. I write a regular science column for The Listener, which you can read here, and I’ve completed four books, which you can read more about here. I’m now working on an anthology of Antarctic science, which should be finished ... soon and trying to decide between two new book projects: a worthy history of science biography and a fun contemporary science story. Perhaps I'll do both. I mostly blog when I'm adventuring - most of these posts are from recent trips to Antarctica and the Kermadec Islands.
- Done! A big day but I recommend it, I learned lots of things I didn’t know, or knew wrongly 🚑 @VeronikaMeduna https://t.co/1kveIMIrx1 3 hours ago
- This is what @VeronikaMeduna and I are doing today! #Antarctica prep - we’ll have @Cliffatkins5 & each other to loo… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 12 hours ago
- Now she’s explaining the physics behind the pendulum trick to her dad :) twitter.com/rkpriestley/st… 2 days ago
- Great show @NanogirlLive! Highlight for my girl (and me) was the exploding H and O ballon mix and the dry ice at the end 🤓 @medickinson 2 days ago
- Looking forward to seeing @NanogirlLive show with my 10yo girl this afternoon! @medickinson :) 2 days ago