About REBECCA PRIESTLEYI’m a science historian and writer. I write about all sorts of things, but I’m mostly interested in New Zealand’s science history, about which I’ve curated two exhibitions, The Art of Science and Butterflies, Boffins & Black Smokers. I write a regular science column for The Listener, which you can read here, and I’ve completed four books, which you can read more about here. I’m now working on an anthology of Antarctic science, which should be finished ... soon and trying to decide between two new book projects: a worthy history of science biography and a fun contemporary science story. Perhaps I'll do both. I mostly blog when I'm adventuring - most of these posts are from recent trips to Antarctica and the Kermadec Islands.
- RT @drlambchop: What a ceaselessly embarrassing classless tiny-hand man. https://t.co/Y8Lms0OnkE 9 hours ago
- You're welcome! And thanks to @Helen__Heath whose poem I read 🐧 twitter.com/rsnzwellington… 1 day ago
- I'm talking about #Antarctica and #scicomm @royalsocietynz tonight wellingtonrsnz.org.nz/?p=574. Might show a video, read a poem ... all welcome! 1 day ago
- RT @bradybirkbeck: Lectureship in history of science and medicine, to teach also modern British and Irish history at Birkbeck! https://t.co… 1 day ago
- RT @VicUniWgtn: Hear #VicUniWgtn expert science communicator @RKPriestley talk all things Antarctica at @RSNZWellington 6pm tomorrow https:… 2 days ago