About REBECCA PRIESTLEYI’m a science historian and writer. I write about all sorts of things, but I’m mostly interested in New Zealand’s science history, about which I’ve curated two exhibitions, The Art of Science and Butterflies, Boffins & Black Smokers. I write a regular science column for The Listener, which you can read here, and I’ve completed four books, which you can read more about here. I’m now working on an anthology of Antarctic science, which should be finished ... soon and trying to decide between two new book projects: a worthy history of science biography and a fun contemporary science story. Perhaps I'll do both. I mostly blog when I'm adventuring - most of these posts are from recent trips to Antarctica and the Kermadec Islands.
- Live music, comedy fun, science demos - looks super fun! Who's coming to Cosmic Shambles? Sat 8 April, Wellington events.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/… 2 hours ago
- RT @DanHikuroa: Kia ora tātou, great work by the GNS team publishing their results in Science. Māori TV piece here takes it further: https:… 4 hours ago
- Looking forward to it! twitter.com/alisonballance… 21 hours ago
- RT @Sustainable2050: On cost of climate action: "We're crashing the planet, but boy, isn't investing 3% of GDP to stop doing that expensiv… 1 day ago
- RT @mattdpearce: Blow-by-blow (literally) account of the pro-Trump rally in Huntington Beach: ocweekly.com/news/huntingto… https://t.co/rZd1OHBJ… 1 day ago