About REBECCA PRIESTLEYI’m a science historian and writer. I write about all sorts of things, but I’m mostly interested in New Zealand’s science history, about which I’ve curated two exhibitions, The Art of Science and Butterflies, Boffins & Black Smokers. I write a regular science column for The Listener, which you can read here, and I’ve completed four books, which you can read more about here. I’m now working on an anthology of Antarctic science, which should be finished ... soon and trying to decide between two new book projects: a worthy history of science biography and a fun contemporary science story. Perhaps I'll do both. I mostly blog when I'm adventuring - most of these posts are from recent trips to Antarctica and the Kermadec Islands.
- Christchurch cold & sunny & I'm about to hear from @WORDChCh panel of sex workers/writers. Quite a contrast from #SCAR2016! 4 hours ago
- First priority after a week in Kuala Lumpur: New Zealand coffee! 7 hours ago
- RT @naish_tim: ARC @VicUniWgtn got amongst it at #SCAR2016. Great effort team! @RKPriestley @VeronikaMeduna twitter.com/rkpriestley/st… 7 hours ago
- Good morning Christchurch! See you at the @WORDChCh festival this afternoon! https://t.co/Dg0Gc6Rbcl 8 hours ago
- RT @AcademicsSay: https://t.co/AUhmWc8Sod 1 day ago