About REBECCA PRIESTLEYI’m a science historian and writer. I write about all sorts of things, but I’m mostly interested in New Zealand’s science history, about which I’ve curated two exhibitions, The Art of Science and Butterflies, Boffins & Black Smokers. I write a regular science column for The Listener, which you can read here, and I’ve completed four books, which you can read more about here. I’m now working on an anthology of Antarctic science, which should be finished ... soon and trying to decide between two new book projects: a worthy history of science biography and a fun contemporary science story. Perhaps I'll do both. I mostly blog when I'm adventuring - most of these posts are from recent trips to Antarctica and the Kermadec Islands.
- RT @WideWhiteStage: The @Polar_Research mentorship award is open for nominations. Have you been inspired by a #mentor? Nominate here https:… 1 hour ago
- RT @sarahkendzior: Views that now require mass marches: * Women are people who deserve rights * Science is important; don't ban it * POTUS… 2 hours ago
- RT @margaretwalls1: Going to bed in DC but they're already marching in Wellington NZ (where I used to live!). Rock on Kiwis. https://t.co/x… 2 days ago
- More great science tshirts! twitter.com/spannalou/stat… 2 days ago
- Some more photos from #marchforsciencenz https://t.co/KVe6hHaNA2 2 days ago