About REBECCA PRIESTLEYI’m a science historian and writer. I write about all sorts of things, but I’m mostly interested in New Zealand’s science history, about which I’ve curated two exhibitions, The Art of Science and Butterflies, Boffins & Black Smokers. I write a regular science column for The Listener, which you can read here, and I’ve completed four books, which you can read more about here. I’m now working on an anthology of Antarctic science, which should be finished ... soon and trying to decide between two new book projects: a worthy history of science biography and a fun contemporary science story. Perhaps I'll do both. I mostly blog when I'm adventuring - most of these posts are from recent trips to Antarctica and the Kermadec Islands.
- RT @o_gabbyo: Let me hypnotise you with my #marineice #seaiceplatelet #scicomm #timelapse #antarctica #nophotoshop https://t.co/iQPjzo12pY 13 hours ago
- RT @petermathstat: Congratulations!! Great to have Catherine at @VicUniWgtn this year doing lots of mathematics and physics! https://t.co/… 21 hours ago
- Retweeting this pic to show I do get dressed up in big girl clothes now and again ... twitter.com/VicUniWgtn/sta… 2 days ago
- "Communicating science to climate change deniers" - here's something I wrote about #scicomm for @NewsroomNZ newsroom.co.nz/@future-learni… 2 days ago
- And big congratulations to last night's other amazing winners! pmscienceprizes.org.nz 2 days ago