About REBECCA PRIESTLEYI’m a science historian and writer. I write about all sorts of things, but I’m mostly interested in New Zealand’s science history, about which I’ve curated two exhibitions, The Art of Science and Butterflies, Boffins & Black Smokers. I write a regular science column for The Listener, which you can read here, and I’ve completed four books, which you can read more about here. I’m now working on an anthology of Antarctic science, which should be finished ... soon and trying to decide between two new book projects: a worthy history of science biography and a fun contemporary science story. Perhaps I'll do both. I mostly blog when I'm adventuring - most of these posts are from recent trips to Antarctica and the Kermadec Islands.
- This is very cool @Helen__Heath twitter.com/sciam/status/7… 12 hours ago
- RT @VSAvolunteer: We're seeking a Communications Adviser in Wellington (3 month contract). Apps close 25 July: vsa.org.nz/about-vsa/staf… http… 12 hours ago
- Iceland writers retreat, April 2017: I so would love to do this, loved my 2 weeks in Iceland 1998! icelandwritersretreat.com/about-the-retr… @IcelandWriters 12 hours ago
- RT @WeatherOnMars: Maori astronomy was a research interest of Annie Maunder, one of the earliest women Fellows of @RoyalAstroSoc https://t.… 4 days ago
- RT @VeronikaMeduna: 3 years ago I covered @SOFIAtelescope's first Southern Hemisphere mission, tomorrow I hope to join the last flight http… 4 days ago