About REBECCA PRIESTLEYI’m a science historian and writer. I write about all sorts of things, but I’m mostly interested in New Zealand’s science history, about which I’ve curated two exhibitions, The Art of Science and Butterflies, Boffins & Black Smokers. I write a regular science column for The Listener, which you can read here, and I’ve completed four books, which you can read more about here. I’m now working on an anthology of Antarctic science, which should be finished ... soon and trying to decide between two new book projects: a worthy history of science biography and a fun contemporary science story. Perhaps I'll do both. I mostly blog when I'm adventuring - most of these posts are from recent trips to Antarctica and the Kermadec Islands.
- Hey @WREMOinfo, new tsunami hazard map is good news but don't match blue lines in my neighborhood. Which is correct? getprepared.org.nz/tz 1 day ago
- RT @AwaPress: Bianca Zander picks brill Antarctic science anthology "Dispatches from Continent 7" as 1 of 2016's top 3 reads. @RKPriestley… 1 day ago
- "Assessing the use of citizien science for predator free NZ" - fabulous PhD opportunity+ @PunahaMatatini scholarship math.canterbury.ac.nz/MARG/files/phd… 1 day ago
- At #tpmhui @hendysh starts by talking about how @PunahaMatatini projects cross disciplinary boundaries #MyHappyPlace 1 day ago
- RT @FindingAda: We need your support to continue our work. Please pledge even just a dollar a month bit.ly/1albKXk 2 days ago