About REBECCA PRIESTLEYI’m a science historian and writer. I write about all sorts of things, but I’m mostly interested in New Zealand’s science history, about which I’ve curated two exhibitions, The Art of Science and Butterflies, Boffins & Black Smokers. I write a regular science column for The Listener, which you can read here, and I’ve completed four books, which you can read more about here. I’m now working on an anthology of Antarctic science, which should be finished ... soon and trying to decide between two new book projects: a worthy history of science biography and a fun contemporary science story. Perhaps I'll do both. I mostly blog when I'm adventuring - most of these posts are from recent trips to Antarctica and the Kermadec Islands.
- RT @MrJonathanKing: The kind people at @chowwellington are GIVING AWAY DINNER FOR 2 tonight – PLUS tickets to REALITi world premiere! Follo… 1 hour ago
- RT @chowwellington: Want to win a dinner for 2 at #Chow & tix to @MrJonathanKing new film #REALTi tonight? RT this tweet & FOLLOW to be in … 1 hour ago
- RT @MrJonathanKing: Huge thanks to Wgtn City Council for getting behind Realiti world premiere tonight and updating the Wellington sign. ht… 1 hour ago
- Of course they were kaka that just flew overhead, not kea #Doh #NeedCoffee @zealandia 3 hours ago
- Four squawking kea just flew overhead! On hill between Kilbirnie and Newtown. First time I've seen them out here, thanks @zealandia! 3 hours ago