About REBECCA PRIESTLEYI’m a science historian and writer. I write about all sorts of things, but I’m mostly interested in New Zealand’s science history, about which I’ve curated two exhibitions, The Art of Science and Butterflies, Boffins & Black Smokers. I write a regular science column for The Listener, which you can read here, and I’ve completed four books, which you can read more about here. I’m now working on an anthology of Antarctic science, which should be finished ... soon and trying to decide between two new book projects: a worthy history of science biography and a fun contemporary science story. Perhaps I'll do both. I mostly blog when I'm adventuring - most of these posts are from recent trips to Antarctica and the Kermadec Islands.
- RT @DrLucyJones: Bottom line: don't learn seismology from #SanAndreas but maybe it will inspire people to take Community Emergency Response… 5 hours ago
- Earthquake movie San Andreas reviewed by USGS seismologist @DrLucyJones: with chasm & tsunami the movie goes too far time.com/3897947/san-an… 5 hours ago
- RT @Colossal: A Variety of Unprocessed Foods Cut into Uncannily Precise 2.5cm Cubes by Lernert & Sander thisiscolossal.com/2015/05/cubes-… http://t.co/… 15 hours ago
- RT @MrJonathanKing: I've just pre-ordered my copy of GHOST SHARK 2: URBAN JAWS! ghostshark2.vhx.tv http://t.co/44JFmfdi4t 20 hours ago
- RT @lyallbaynz: With the sea conditions the last few days, my dunes have had a hard time, please be respectful of them as will take time to… 1 day ago