About REBECCA PRIESTLEYI’m a science historian and writer. I write about all sorts of things, but I’m mostly interested in New Zealand’s science history, about which I’ve curated two exhibitions, The Art of Science and Butterflies, Boffins & Black Smokers. I write a regular science column for The Listener, which you can read here, and I’ve completed four books, which you can read more about here. I’m now working on an anthology of Antarctic science, which should be finished ... soon and trying to decide between two new book projects: a worthy history of science biography and a fun contemporary science story. Perhaps I'll do both. I mostly blog when I'm adventuring - most of these posts are from recent trips to Antarctica and the Kermadec Islands.
- Looking forward to talk by science writer @philipcball: great some @AklWritersFest events are coming to Wellinfgton! royalsociety.org.nz/events/philip-… 1 day ago
- Just booked tickets for @Atul_Gawande's 18 May Wellington lecture. So excited, I'm such a fangirl :-) hqsc.govt.nz/news-and-event… 1 day ago
- RT @rhiansalmon: MT @SilviaZuur: stunning talk by @craigambrose spinning machines as disruptive tech. @nzsydney @RKPriestley #OSOS2015 http… 1 day ago
- Hey @Te_Papa are you going to give us wider public and stakeholders the chance to submit on plans to close Te Papa Press? #savetepapapress 1 day ago
- RT @o_gabbyo: #craftcampnz gets all #polar #Antarctica #Arctic @RKPriestley http://t.co/ptdPjq60JR 3 days ago