About REBECCA PRIESTLEYI’m a science historian and writer. I write about all sorts of things, but I’m mostly interested in New Zealand’s science history, about which I’ve curated two exhibitions, The Art of Science and Butterflies, Boffins & Black Smokers. I write a regular science column for The Listener, which you can read here, and I’ve completed four books, which you can read more about here. I’m now working on an anthology of Antarctic science, which should be finished ... soon and trying to decide between two new book projects: a worthy history of science biography and a fun contemporary science story. Perhaps I'll do both. I mostly blog when I'm adventuring - most of these posts are from recent trips to Antarctica and the Kermadec Islands.
- Hey Wellington, check out @ProdigaDaughter's La Pancetta in Greytown. Had a taste test last week and it's super yum! nzherald.co.nz/wairarapa-time… 4 hours ago
- RT @REasther: I saw The Martian, loved it, and realised I needed to science the <you know what> out of the movie. Here's my take: http://t.… 8 hours ago
- Yikes. #megatsunami twitter.com/GeologyReport/… 1 day ago
- Great news! twitter.com/AucklandsPort/… 3 days ago
- "Interdisciplinary efforts to solve some of the globe’s most significant problems": jobs at North Carolina State Uni workthatmatters.ncsu.edu 4 days ago