About REBECCA PRIESTLEYI’m a science historian and writer. I write about all sorts of things, but I’m mostly interested in New Zealand’s science history, about which I’ve curated two exhibitions, The Art of Science and Butterflies, Boffins & Black Smokers. I write a regular science column for The Listener, which you can read here, and I’ve completed four books, which you can read more about here. I’m now working on an anthology of Antarctic science, which should be finished ... soon and trying to decide between two new book projects: a worthy history of science biography and a fun contemporary science story. Perhaps I'll do both. I mostly blog when I'm adventuring - most of these posts are from recent trips to Antarctica and the Kermadec Islands.
- RT @GraemeO28: Academics are being hoodwinked into writing books nobody can buy zite.to/1M0p7gj via @zite 10 hours ago
- Of course I meant my @PunahaMatatini mug :). Loving it! But currently drinking beer. Out of glass. With TPM folk. http://t.co/Ei9WAXIB7o 1 day ago
- Very pleased with my @tepunahamatatini cup! Drinks with the TPM team here at Victoria http://t.co/TYGwMvBjHP 1 day ago
- RT @longwhitenight: On the #redpeak For those who don't care about flags but are going to be forced to care soon: Dear John http://t.co/f3v… 1 day ago
- RT @dillamonster: Wrote this piece on @MrJonathanKing & @chadtaylormobi's REALITi last yr - lumiere.net.nz/index.php/maki… - & it's out now at http… 1 day ago