About REBECCA PRIESTLEYI’m a science historian and writer. I write about all sorts of things, but I’m mostly interested in New Zealand’s science history, about which I’ve curated two exhibitions, The Art of Science and Butterflies, Boffins & Black Smokers. I write a regular science column for The Listener, which you can read here, and I’ve completed four books, which you can read more about here. I’m now working on an anthology of Antarctic science, which should be finished ... soon and trying to decide between two new book projects: a worthy history of science biography and a fun contemporary science story. Perhaps I'll do both. I mostly blog when I'm adventuring - most of these posts are from recent trips to Antarctica and the Kermadec Islands.
- So, @ElizabethKnoxNZ convinced me not to be scared of the scary bits in Wake. So glad I started, it's totally compelling reading :) 11 hours ago
- RT @chowwellington: Our Prawn Summer Rolls are looking pretty good right now with this beautiful #Wellington weather TWO for ONE Monday htt… 15 hours ago
- . @EleanorCatton comes out in defence of plot in "literary fiction" #nzwritersweek 15 hours ago
- Nice to hear @EleanorCatton invoking the 1st and 2nd laws of thermodynamics in her @nzbookcouncil lecture #nzwritersweek 16 hours ago
- RT @MrJonathanKing: NZ PM calls US President Obama "highly likely camp". No comment from White House. @CTrevettNZH @Dovil 16 hours ago