About REBECCA PRIESTLEYI’m a science historian and writer. I write about all sorts of things, but I’m mostly interested in New Zealand’s science history, about which I’ve curated two exhibitions, The Art of Science and Butterflies, Boffins & Black Smokers. I write a regular science column for The Listener, which you can read here, and I’ve completed four books, which you can read more about here. I’m now working on an anthology of Antarctic science, which should be finished ... soon and trying to decide between two new book projects: a worthy history of science biography and a fun contemporary science story. Perhaps I'll do both. I mostly blog when I'm adventuring - most of these posts are from recent trips to Antarctica and the Kermadec Islands.
- RT @kelsroaach: So my mom will stop smoking & so will my stepdad if I get a million retweets, lol ok. Ha help me guys. http://t.co/ee5E4FWO… 18 hours ago
- RT @Slate: Unvaccinated people caused measles cases to TRIPLE in 2013: slate.me/IW2bRc 2 days ago
- RT @TheOnion: Grisly Remains Of 15 Hobbits Discovered In Peter Jackson's Attic onion.com/18oCRsX 2 days ago
- RT @MrJonathanKing: No more Matthew Crawley for Dan Stevens – first look at THE GUEST! thefilmstage.com/news/sundance-… http://t.co/Her7ovqFez 3 days ago
- Burning braids, science writing & what makes a good story: Last night's i/v with @deborahblum on Our Changing World radionz.co.nz/national/progr… 3 days ago