About REBECCA PRIESTLEYI’m a science historian and writer. I write about all sorts of things, but I’m mostly interested in New Zealand’s science history, about which I’ve curated two exhibitions, The Art of Science and Butterflies, Boffins & Black Smokers. I write a regular science column for The Listener, which you can read here, and I’ve completed four books, which you can read more about here. I’m now working on an anthology of Antarctic science, which should be finished ... soon and trying to decide between two new book projects: a worthy history of science biography and a fun contemporary science story. Perhaps I'll do both. I mostly blog when I'm adventuring - most of these posts are from recent trips to Antarctica and the Kermadec Islands.
- Couldn't hold out any longer - today I walked into a chemist and bought cheap reading glasses. I have become my mother. 😩 1 day ago
- Super looking forward to judging @royalsocietynz Science Book Prize w/ @KorimakoSong & Ken Strongman. Deadline 2 Feb! royalsociety.org.nz/programmes/com… 2 days ago
- Writing about the scientists on the Terra Nova expedition. Atkinson Wilson Nelson (and Lieutenant Evans). Why so many Edwards?! #Antarctica 2 days ago
- Next decent rain day in Wellington looks like Saturday 31 January. Me and garden suffering .... http://t.co/2V1X6mIrWj 5 days ago
- RT @CillaWehi: Inspirational ecologist @tinkerbel405 in the news #landcareresearch #savingtheworld http://t.co/lryPWhSv96 5 days ago