About REBECCA PRIESTLEYI’m a science historian and writer. I write about all sorts of things, but I’m mostly interested in New Zealand’s science history, about which I’ve curated two exhibitions, The Art of Science and Butterflies, Boffins & Black Smokers. I write a regular science column for The Listener, which you can read here, and I’ve completed four books, which you can read more about here. I’m now working on an anthology of Antarctic science, which should be finished ... soon and trying to decide between two new book projects: a worthy history of science biography and a fun contemporary science story. Perhaps I'll do both. I mostly blog when I'm adventuring - most of these posts are from recent trips to Antarctica and the Kermadec Islands.
- RT @novp: Newsflash: We are all individuals: Men are from Mars, women are from Venus? New brain study says not gu.com/p/4ek5v/stw 19 hours ago
- "I scienced and it was good" says @o_gabbyo about her recent trip to Antarctica with @wavygk #scicomm15 1 day ago
- Now @o_gabbyo giving us a lecture on sea ice platelets :) #scicomm15 1 day ago
- Science + Art = x. Now @o_gabbyo and @wavygk talking about their 5-year collaboration #scicomm15 1 day ago
- RT @DrSMMorgan: I'm brain-yelling "PREACH" to pretty much everything @rhiansalmon is saying during her plenary @scicomnz #scicomm15 1 day ago