About REBECCA PRIESTLEYI’m a science historian and writer. I write about all sorts of things, but I’m mostly interested in New Zealand’s science history, about which I’ve curated two exhibitions, The Art of Science and Butterflies, Boffins & Black Smokers. I write a regular science column for The Listener, which you can read here, and I’ve completed four books, which you can read more about here. I’m now working on an anthology of Antarctic science, which should be finished ... soon and trying to decide between two new book projects: a worthy history of science biography and a fun contemporary science story. Perhaps I'll do both. I mostly blog when I'm adventuring - most of these posts are from recent trips to Antarctica and the Kermadec Islands.
- Our new & expanded online & interdisciplinary #Antarctic course is open to all learners & starts 29 Feb: enrol here! cce.victoria.ac.nz/courses/443-an… 2 hours ago
- Click here to nominate outstanding Antarctic women for the #SCAR2016 Celebrating Women in #Antarctica wikibomb scar.org/2016/835-wikib… 2 hours ago
- RT @teradar: Me. Talking about Antarctica. Next week. Auckland. ourauckland.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/articles/event… I may even mention the incredible Sub Antarctic … 9 hours ago
- RT @m_onlein: Her name was Whetu Tirikatene-Sullivan ( en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whetu_Tir…) and the picture shows her husband Denis speaking. https://t.… 9 hours ago
- RT @DrBenjaminHabib: Thanks for the support! 'What It Feels Like to Freeze on National Television' wp.me/p2G9ru-19e @BreakfastNews #… 22 hours ago