About REBECCA PRIESTLEYI’m a science historian and writer. I write about all sorts of things, but I’m mostly interested in New Zealand’s science history, about which I’ve curated two exhibitions, The Art of Science and Butterflies, Boffins & Black Smokers. I write a regular science column for The Listener, which you can read here, and I’ve completed four books, which you can read more about here. I’m now working on an anthology of Antarctic science, which should be finished ... soon and trying to decide between two new book projects: a worthy history of science biography and a fun contemporary science story. Perhaps I'll do both. I mostly blog when I'm adventuring - most of these posts are from recent trips to Antarctica and the Kermadec Islands.
- RT @stacefamily: Law says employers must let employees go & vote at 3 pm if employees haven't had chance to vote earlier in the day.Time to… 28 minutes ago
- Need to shop for #ElectionNightCocktails: LABOUR: cosmopolitan; GREEN: spirulina daiquiris; INTERNET MANA: kahlua & milk. Others? 5 hours ago
- " … more children are living in poverty than when we came into office ..." admits John Key in Sydney Morning Herald smh.com.au/national/the-k… 5 hours ago
- RT @ronindotca: Oy, NZ folk, you still have 2 hours to register to vote. Do it! 22 hours ago
- Anyone in #Austin, Texas tonight I recommend you go and see @MrJonathanKing's #REALITI at #FantasticFest! fantasticfest.com/films/realiti/ 1 day ago