About REBECCA PRIESTLEYI’m a science historian and writer. I write about all sorts of things, but I’m mostly interested in New Zealand’s science history, about which I’ve curated two exhibitions, The Art of Science and Butterflies, Boffins & Black Smokers. I write a regular science column for The Listener, which you can read here, and I’ve completed four books, which you can read more about here. I’m now working on an anthology of Antarctic science, which should be finished ... soon and trying to decide between two new book projects: a worthy history of science biography and a fun contemporary science story. Perhaps I'll do both. I mostly blog when I'm adventuring - most of these posts are from recent trips to Antarctica and the Kermadec Islands.
- RT @SciencePorn: Here's an awesome GIF of Earth from the ISS. (Via @NASA360) http://t.co/pWStmHY4IQ 1 hour ago
- Books! Thanks @cambUP_History #histsci #Antarctica http://t.co/aukdcxWw8M 1 hour ago
- Off to judge some 3 minute thesis entries, looking forward to being wowed by range of great projects at @VicUniWgtn vuwpgsa.ac.nz/events/3mt/ 4 hours ago
- Light, stargazing, darkness: Starlight essay and poem competition closes Monday 10 August, for school years 5-13 phys.canterbury.ac.nz/starlightfesti… 5 hours ago
- RT @srhbutts: that tragic feeling when you're at the grocery store but they're all out of your gender's bread http://t.co/caMgTwzwRS 2 days ago