About REBECCA PRIESTLEYI’m a science historian and writer. I write about all sorts of things, but I’m mostly interested in New Zealand’s science history, about which I’ve curated two exhibitions, The Art of Science and Butterflies, Boffins & Black Smokers. I write a regular science column for The Listener, which you can read here, and I’ve completed four books, which you can read more about here. I’m now working on an anthology of Antarctic science, which should be finished ... soon and trying to decide between two new book projects: a worthy history of science biography and a fun contemporary science story. Perhaps I'll do both. I mostly blog when I'm adventuring - most of these posts are from recent trips to Antarctica and the Kermadec Islands.
- The finished product #joinjulian @LTCOLMalone http://t.co/W7Byv649jP 2 minutes ago
- This is cool! Comic artist Julian Peters drawing here @VicUniWgtn every day at 11am, all welcome #joinjulian http://t.co/XGyArDmkln 7 minutes ago
- RT @beckyfh: We need to stop ignoring women in science other than Curie. I agree but shame author's book largely ignores #histSTM http://t.… 4 hours ago
- An #Antarctic crabeater seal found a long way from home. Check out its teeth!! Post from Te Papa's Colin Miskelly. blog.tepapa.govt.nz/2015/04/01/a-c… 23 hours ago
- Looking forward to playing this crowd funded women in science card game, just ordered a pack! #histsci indiegogo.com/projects/women… 1 day ago