About REBECCA PRIESTLEYI’m a science historian and writer. I write about all sorts of things, but I’m mostly interested in New Zealand’s science history, about which I’ve curated two exhibitions, The Art of Science and Butterflies, Boffins & Black Smokers. I write a regular science column for The Listener, which you can read here, and I’ve completed four books, which you can read more about here. I’m now working on an anthology of Antarctic science, which should be finished ... soon and trying to decide between two new book projects: a worthy history of science biography and a fun contemporary science story. Perhaps I'll do both. I mostly blog when I'm adventuring - most of these posts are from recent trips to Antarctica and the Kermadec Islands.
- RT @HeadlandJournal: Attention #NZwriters: send us your short fiction & creative non-fiction by this Friday 28 August. 2 days to go! http:/… 1 day ago
- RT @wragge: Dear conference organisers -- the chances of me sending you my slides a week in advance are... umm... zero. Does anybody ever m… 3 days ago
- RT @thekermadecs: Good News: Pac countries pursuing marine protection at scale Bad News: NZ Govt still has no plan to protect our EEZ http… 3 days ago
- In a determined effort at anxiety reduction & mood elevation I've started RUNNING #desperatemeasures 4 days ago
- Coppa, prosciutto, and acorn-fed pigs: my lovely sis @ProdigaDaughter talks Italian cured meats on Rural Delivery tvnz.co.nz/ondemand/rural… 5 days ago