About REBECCA PRIESTLEYI’m a science historian and writer. I write about all sorts of things, but I’m mostly interested in New Zealand’s science history, about which I’ve curated two exhibitions, The Art of Science and Butterflies, Boffins & Black Smokers. I write a regular science column for The Listener, which you can read here, and I’ve completed four books, which you can read more about here. I’m now working on an anthology of Antarctic science, which should be finished ... soon and trying to decide between two new book projects: a worthy history of science biography and a fun contemporary science story. Perhaps I'll do both. I mostly blog when I'm adventuring - most of these posts are from recent trips to Antarctica and the Kermadec Islands.
- RT @teradar: Me. Talking about Antarctica. Next week. Auckland. ourauckland.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/articles/event… I may even mention the incredible Sub Antarctic … 1 hour ago
- RT @m_onlein: Her name was Whetu Tirikatene-Sullivan ( en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whetu_Tir…) and the picture shows her husband Denis speaking. https://t.… 1 hour ago
- RT @DrBenjaminHabib: Thanks for the support! 'What It Feels Like to Freeze on National Television' wp.me/p2G9ru-19e @BreakfastNews #… 13 hours ago
- RT @Olivefarmer: Losing access to traditional Rongoa and patents for potential bio pesticides from NZ Flora to Big Pharm and Big Ag sad fo… 23 hours ago
- RT @Olivefarmer: Cordyceps Robertsii The NZ vegetable caterpillar called Awheto contains adenosine an anti diabetic..Under #TPPA who gets c… 23 hours ago