About REBECCA PRIESTLEYI’m a science historian and writer. I write about all sorts of things, but I’m mostly interested in New Zealand’s science history, about which I’ve curated two exhibitions, The Art of Science and Butterflies, Boffins & Black Smokers. I write a regular science column for The Listener, which you can read here, and I’ve completed four books, which you can read more about here. I’m now working on an anthology of Antarctic science, which should be finished ... soon and trying to decide between two new book projects: a worthy history of science biography and a fun contemporary science story. Perhaps I'll do both. I mostly blog when I'm adventuring - most of these posts are from recent trips to Antarctica and the Kermadec Islands.
- Wellington, have a look at this Miniature Hikes public art project: brightened my weekend: keminiko.com/Miniature-Hikes 3 hours ago
- Crystal Hut! Don't think we're going to fit inside this one #publicart #wellington @Kemi_Niko http://t.co/zvqJLvG4Jk 20 hours ago
- Loved my visit to Aoraki Biv, Mount Cook. A surprise encounter with a peaceful haven #publicart http://t.co/GZGNbHnBhj 21 hours ago
- Looking forward to talk by science writer @philipcball: great some @AklWritersFest events are coming to Wellinfgton! royalsociety.org.nz/events/philip-… 2 days ago
- Just booked tickets for @Atul_Gawande's 18 May Wellington lecture. So excited, I'm such a fangirl :-) hqsc.govt.nz/news-and-event… 2 days ago