About REBECCA PRIESTLEYI’m a science historian and writer. I write about all sorts of things, but I’m mostly interested in New Zealand’s science history, about which I’ve curated two exhibitions, The Art of Science and Butterflies, Boffins & Black Smokers. I write a regular science column for The Listener, which you can read here, and I’ve completed four books, which you can read more about here. I’m now working on an anthology of Antarctic science, which should be finished ... soon and trying to decide between two new book projects: a worthy history of science biography and a fun contemporary science story. Perhaps I'll do both. I mostly blog when I'm adventuring - most of these posts are from recent trips to Antarctica and the Kermadec Islands.
- Twitter "a virtual water cooler, a place where academics go to build community, have some fun, and let off steam" timeshighereducation.co.uk/blog/weird-and… 15 hours ago
- RT @AcademicsSay: Talk nerdy to me. 15 hours ago
- Welcome to the Twitters @naish_tim! 21 hours ago
- It's a wrap: end of day filming final clips - on past sea level changes - for new #AntarcticaOnline course http://t.co/cvjVRH12Ky 1 day ago
- Watch out for sea level rise. Pretty much the theme of our field trip #wanganui #paleoclimate http://t.co/chTEQ1dRtQ 1 day ago