About REBECCA PRIESTLEYI’m a science historian and writer. I write about all sorts of things, but I’m mostly interested in New Zealand’s science history, about which I’ve curated two exhibitions, The Art of Science and Butterflies, Boffins & Black Smokers. I write a regular science column for The Listener, which you can read here, and I’ve completed four books, which you can read more about here. I’m now working on an anthology of Antarctic science, which should be finished ... soon and trying to decide between two new book projects: a worthy history of science biography and a fun contemporary science story. Perhaps I'll do both. I mostly blog when I'm adventuring - most of these posts are from recent trips to Antarctica and the Kermadec Islands.
- Caught nasty cold on top of the one I already had. Are two strands of rhinovirus now swapping genetic material and mutating inside me? #ugh 56 minutes ago
- Big instruments, big intellects, big science: the fabulous Particle Fever selling out fast at @nzff. My review here rebeccapriestley.com/2014/07/25/par… 4 hours ago
- ‘Are you f...ing joking?' Mike Hosking to 'moderate' TVNZ leaders debates?! Come on TVNZ, that's unfair! stuff.co.nz/national/polit… 1 day ago
- Jumped on the Twitters to find @GuySomerset leaving the Listener. Very sorry to hear, but best wishes Guy, and happy reading (for pleasure!) 1 day ago
- Basin flyover DECLINED permission by Board of Inquiry. This is such good news. And unexpected! stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/… 3 days ago