About REBECCA PRIESTLEYI’m a science historian and writer. I write about all sorts of things, but I’m mostly interested in New Zealand’s science history, about which I’ve curated two exhibitions, The Art of Science and Butterflies, Boffins & Black Smokers. I write a regular science column for The Listener, which you can read here, and I’ve completed four books, which you can read more about here. I’m now working on an anthology of Antarctic science, which should be finished ... soon and trying to decide between two new book projects: a worthy history of science biography and a fun contemporary science story. Perhaps I'll do both. I mostly blog when I'm adventuring - most of these posts are from recent trips to Antarctica and the Kermadec Islands.
- "No one needs to know that," said my 6 yo son, reading over my shoulder someone's tweet about their dinner, "no one at all". 2 hours ago
- "It is impossible to buy books when you have many mouths to feed" Hutton 2 Hector Oct 1868. Read #histsci letters at cdn.onlinehosting.co.nz/~gsnz/siteadmi… 18 hours ago
- Can't wait for Jan edition of @GriffithREVIEW. Lots of great NZ writers! And I get to write about #pumice again :-) http://t.co/A1WjTSv9Wa 2 days ago
- RT @kelsroaach: So my mom will stop smoking & so will my stepdad if I get a million retweets, lol ok. Ha help me guys. http://t.co/ee5E4FWO… 3 days ago
- RT @Slate: Unvaccinated people caused measles cases to TRIPLE in 2013: slate.me/IW2bRc 5 days ago