About REBECCA PRIESTLEYI’m a science historian and writer. I write about all sorts of things, but I’m mostly interested in New Zealand’s science history, about which I’ve curated two exhibitions, The Art of Science and Butterflies, Boffins & Black Smokers. I write a regular science column for The Listener, which you can read here, and I’ve completed four books, which you can read more about here. I’m now working on an anthology of Antarctic science, which should be finished ... soon and trying to decide between two new book projects: a worthy history of science biography and a fun contemporary science story. Perhaps I'll do both. I mostly blog when I'm adventuring - most of these posts are from recent trips to Antarctica and the Kermadec Islands.
- RT @scieVUW: Citizen science, history of science communication, science outreach: we're looking for summer scholars! #scicomm http://t.co/w… 24 minutes ago
- Hey #histsci hive mind: 19C professionalisation of science in UK and elsewhere … who are best scholars/speakers working in this area? 4 hours ago
- I'm looking for a history of science communication summer scholar. Apply by 1 October. #histsci #scicomm @VicUniWgtn victoria.ac.nz/science/study/… 5 hours ago
- Breaking Ice: art-science symposium in Christchurch 11 Oct. Artists, scientists, others all welcome! #artsci nzicefest.co.nz/sites/default/… 6 hours ago
- RT @MrJonathanKing: Will some journalist PLEASE say "he's a Pulititzer Prize winning journalist" to Key next time he says 'henchman' to the… 1 day ago