About REBECCA PRIESTLEYI’m a science historian and writer. I write about all sorts of things, but I’m mostly interested in New Zealand’s science history, about which I’ve curated two exhibitions, The Art of Science and Butterflies, Boffins & Black Smokers. I write a regular science column for The Listener, which you can read here, and I’ve completed four books, which you can read more about here. I’m now working on an anthology of Antarctic science, which should be finished ... soon and trying to decide between two new book projects: a worthy history of science biography and a fun contemporary science story. Perhaps I'll do both. I mostly blog when I'm adventuring - most of these posts are from recent trips to Antarctica and the Kermadec Islands.
- An #Antarctic crabeater seal found a long way from home. Check out its teeth!! Post from Te Papa's Colin Miskelly. blog.tepapa.govt.nz/2015/04/01/a-c… 18 hours ago
- Looking forward to playing this crowd funded women in science card game, just ordered a pack! #histsci indiegogo.com/projects/women… 23 hours ago
- RT @Olivefarmer: @RKPriestley love to submit a paper on Why Clever Women scientists with funny accents could not find work in 1950's NZ...#… 1 day ago
- CALL FOR PAPERS: Finding New Zealand's Scientific Heritage, Nov 2015, here at @VicUniWgtn #histsci #STS sciencernr.wordpress.com/2015/03/30/cal… 1 day ago
- Exited to announce this CALL FOR PAPERS: Finding New Zealand's Scientific Heritage, Nov 2015, here at VUW! #histsci sciencernr.wordpress.com/2015/03/30/cal… 2 days ago