About REBECCA PRIESTLEYI’m a science historian and writer. I write about all sorts of things, but I’m mostly interested in New Zealand’s science history, about which I’ve curated two exhibitions, The Art of Science and Butterflies, Boffins & Black Smokers. I write a regular science column for The Listener, which you can read here, and I’ve completed four books, which you can read more about here. I’m now working on an anthology of Antarctic science, which should be finished ... soon and trying to decide between two new book projects: a worthy history of science biography and a fun contemporary science story. Perhaps I'll do both. I mostly blog when I'm adventuring - most of these posts are from recent trips to Antarctica and the Kermadec Islands.
- RT @WrightTandi: The Returned is on Netflix NZ now! Give it a flutter @AETV #TheReturned http://t.co/zd3VNocsUA 25 minutes ago
- And then some smartiepants (Dan Z) would do some calculations to work out how far we were from the canon #ttrtpt 9 hours ago
- Point Jerningham cannon firing in Wellington. When I was a geo student we'd time delay between seeing smoke & hearing the canon #goodtimes 9 hours ago
- RT @pv_reynolds: Three ways to intensify urban quality, invest in: 1. Public realm 2. Public transport 3. Waterfronts Inclusive, amplifyin… 23 hours ago
- Wellington, have a look at this Miniature Hikes public art project: brightened my weekend: keminiko.com/Miniature-Hikes 1 day ago