About REBECCA PRIESTLEYI’m a science historian and writer. I write about all sorts of things, but I’m mostly interested in New Zealand’s science history, about which I’ve curated two exhibitions, The Art of Science and Butterflies, Boffins & Black Smokers. I write a regular science column for The Listener, which you can read here, and I’ve completed four books, which you can read more about here. I’m now working on an anthology of Antarctic science, which should be finished ... soon and trying to decide between two new book projects: a worthy history of science biography and a fun contemporary science story. Perhaps I'll do both. I mostly blog when I'm adventuring - most of these posts are from recent trips to Antarctica and the Kermadec Islands.
- Burning braids, science writing & what makes a good story: Last night's i/v with @deborahblum on Our Changing World radionz.co.nz/national/progr… 2 hours ago
- Tonight on @RNZ_Science - @AlisonBallance interviews @deborahblum about science and science communication 16 hours ago
- Just gave cheek swab to Lisa Matisoo-Smith. Excited to b part of The Longest Journey: From Africa 2 Aotearoa http://t.co/W1pSgcxYZv 1 day ago
- November was crazy busy! Just changed my 2 wall calenders from October to December - confirms I hadn't looked up from my desk for a month 1 day ago
- Check out @VeronikaMeduna's blog - she's in the Southern Ocean visiting islands on the Spirit of Mawson expedition radionz.co.nz/national/progr… 1 day ago