About REBECCA PRIESTLEYI’m a science historian and writer. I write about all sorts of things, but I’m mostly interested in New Zealand’s science history, about which I’ve curated two exhibitions, The Art of Science and Butterflies, Boffins & Black Smokers. I write a regular science column for The Listener, which you can read here, and I’ve completed four books, which you can read more about here. I’m now working on an anthology of Antarctic science, which should be finished ... soon and trying to decide between two new book projects: a worthy history of science biography and a fun contemporary science story. Perhaps I'll do both. I mostly blog when I'm adventuring - most of these posts are from recent trips to Antarctica and the Kermadec Islands.
- Basin flyover DECLINED permission by Board of Inquiry. This is such good news. And unexpected! stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/… 1 day ago
- RT @NZStuffPolitics: Poll: Public transport beats better roads dlvr.it/6NFcZD 2 days ago
- My Friday challenge: 2-hour #scicomm class/workshop followed by 3-hour creative science writing workshop. Wish me luck! #MightNeedChocolate 5 days ago
- RT @FionaKatauskas: Aaadvaaance etc “@jdk_music: Pope: Australia's new Coat-of-Arms designed in honour of the Carbon Tax repeal. http://t.c… 5 days ago
- RT @DavidHuebner: Shame on @nytimes for publishing photo of corpse of young victim of #MH17 crash. Did you get the uptick in hits you wante… 5 days ago