About REBECCA PRIESTLEYI’m a science historian and writer. I write about all sorts of things, but I’m mostly interested in New Zealand’s science history, about which I’ve curated two exhibitions, The Art of Science and Butterflies, Boffins & Black Smokers. I write a regular science column for The Listener, which you can read here, and I’ve completed four books, which you can read more about here. I’m now working on an anthology of Antarctic science, which should be finished ... soon and trying to decide between two new book projects: a worthy history of science biography and a fun contemporary science story. Perhaps I'll do both. I mostly blog when I'm adventuring - most of these posts are from recent trips to Antarctica and the Kermadec Islands.
- Seems to be the most popular place to eat in #dunedin ... http://t.co/WVa22Rbr0m 36 minutes ago
- Fabulous stop at Oamaru's Adventure Books: full of science & adventure books, new & old adventurebooks.co.nz http://t.co/ddpNAQheRR 3 hours ago
- Google Maps' only route recommendation for Christchurch-Dunedin! http://t.co/9pIuSV2eI4 7 hours ago
- Excited to find James Hector's signature on @fredagg's wall! Now giving unsolicited lecture: teara.govt.nz/en/biographies… http://t.co/zzsexECTi5 1 day ago
- Drinking wine and discussing Medieval gay marriage with my BFF @fredagg and her mum. As you do. #christchurch 1 day ago