About REBECCA PRIESTLEYI’m a science historian and writer. I write about all sorts of things, but I’m mostly interested in New Zealand’s science history, about which I’ve curated two exhibitions, The Art of Science and Butterflies, Boffins & Black Smokers. I write a regular science column for The Listener, which you can read here, and I’ve completed four books, which you can read more about here. I’m now working on an anthology of Antarctic science, which should be finished ... soon and trying to decide between two new book projects: a worthy history of science biography and a fun contemporary science story. Perhaps I'll do both. I mostly blog when I'm adventuring - most of these posts are from recent trips to Antarctica and the Kermadec Islands.
- RT @HarrietElworthy: Anyone out there have a spare ticket to Marcus Chown and @RKPriestley tonight? Thought I had one from work but don't &… 7 hours ago
- RT @WWFNewZealand: Great news in a world first, Indonesian clerics have issued a fatwa to protect wildlife! - bit.ly/NVP4kZ http:/… 1 day ago
- So where's this storm that's supposed to be hitting Wellington? Much talk of it, but it's unusually calm here @MetService #flyingtomorrow 2 days ago
- Swabbing time! #dna #genographicproject 2 days ago
- Gary Wilson - & therefore his brother the great evolutionary biologist Allan Wilson - is only 1.3% Neanderthal! Less than usual for Euros 2 days ago