About REBECCA PRIESTLEYI’m a science historian and writer. I write about all sorts of things, but I’m mostly interested in New Zealand’s science history, about which I’ve curated two exhibitions, The Art of Science and Butterflies, Boffins & Black Smokers. I write a regular science column for The Listener, which you can read here, and I’ve completed four books, which you can read more about here. I’m now working on an anthology of Antarctic science, which should be finished ... soon and trying to decide between two new book projects: a worthy history of science biography and a fun contemporary science story. Perhaps I'll do both. I mostly blog when I'm adventuring - most of these posts are from recent trips to Antarctica and the Kermadec Islands.
- World Science Week: 2000 Antarctic and other scientists meet in Auckland next week: story in Listener (paid content) listener.co.nz/current-affair… 2 days ago
- Kiwis in #Antarctica: @Jamienzherald's story on the coming season's science on the ice nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/articl… 2 days ago
- RT @MrJonathanKing: Ak Chamber of Commerce criticize Greens' top tax plan as some kind of "Robin Hood scheme". Um ... wasn't he a legendary… 2 days ago
- RT @KimDotcom: I did a traffic analysis on WhaleOil. Turns out it's ShrimpOil. Lots of fake traffic & bots. #HagerBook check this: http://t… 3 days ago
- RT @NZStuff: @RKPriestley The poll was taken from August 9 to August 13 and has a margin of error of 3.1 per cent. stuff.co.nz/national/polit… 5 days ago