About REBECCA PRIESTLEYI’m a science historian and writer. I write about all sorts of things, but I’m mostly interested in New Zealand’s science history, about which I’ve curated two exhibitions, The Art of Science and Butterflies, Boffins & Black Smokers. I write a regular science column for The Listener, which you can read here, and I’ve completed four books, which you can read more about here. I’m now working on an anthology of Antarctic science, which should be finished ... soon and trying to decide between two new book projects: a worthy history of science biography and a fun contemporary science story. Perhaps I'll do both. I mostly blog when I'm adventuring - most of these posts are from recent trips to Antarctica and the Kermadec Islands.
- RT @WernerTwertzog: Man is born free, but everywhere he is checking work-related email. 2 hours ago
- Just gave lecture on #Antarctic literature to ESCI132. Ended it by reading Food Chain, a poem by Bill Manhire @pacificraft #lovemyjob 5 hours ago
- RT @JasonStutter: Central Otago haunted house legend captured on film stuff.co.nz/entertainment/… 5 hours ago
- Kelburn Pde blocked off each end of uni: police & reporters running around, everyone else glued to phones http://t.co/Q9B9v4eg1U 8 hours ago
- Only one building! twitter.com/rnz_news/statu… 9 hours ago