About REBECCA PRIESTLEYI’m a science historian and writer. I write about all sorts of things, but I’m mostly interested in New Zealand’s science history, about which I’ve curated two exhibitions, The Art of Science and Butterflies, Boffins & Black Smokers. I write a regular science column for The Listener, which you can read here, and I’ve completed four books, which you can read more about here. I’m now working on an anthology of Antarctic science, which should be finished ... soon and trying to decide between two new book projects: a worthy history of science biography and a fun contemporary science story. Perhaps I'll do both. I mostly blog when I'm adventuring - most of these posts are from recent trips to Antarctica and the Kermadec Islands.
- RT @Jamienzherald: @AlisonBallance @RKPriestley @VeronikaMeduna I get to do science most of the time. Irks me when people say there are no … 14 hours ago
- Marc Wilson references @MrJonathanKing's Black Sheep movie in talk on "Gap between lay and expert opinion on scientific issues" #scicomm15 15 hours ago
- "Many of us are never going to be great men" points out @SophieFern as part of slide on "beware great man history" #scicomm15 16 hours ago
- RT @AlisonBallance: .@RKPriestley @VeronikaMeduna - think that's right: @Jamienzherald & @OliviaWannan cover science well, but aren't fullt… 17 hours ago
- Only 4 full time science journos in Australia says #scicomm15 keynote Joan Leach. Think there are 2 in NZ: @VeronikaMeduna @AlisonBallance 17 hours ago