About REBECCA PRIESTLEYI’m a science historian and writer. I write about all sorts of things, but I’m mostly interested in New Zealand’s science history, about which I’ve curated two exhibitions, The Art of Science and Butterflies, Boffins & Black Smokers. I write a regular science column for The Listener, which you can read here, and I’ve completed four books, which you can read more about here. I’m now working on an anthology of Antarctic science, which should be finished ... soon and trying to decide between two new book projects: a worthy history of science biography and a fun contemporary science story. Perhaps I'll do both. I mostly blog when I'm adventuring - most of these posts are from recent trips to Antarctica and the Kermadec Islands.
- New word from @rhiansalmon: "additionality" #scicomm15 8 minutes ago
- Current earth system models focus on northern hemisphere: more info on sea ice, southern ocean etc needed 4 NZ says @rhiansalmon #scicomm15 9 minutes ago
- Phew, my bit done. Now @rhiansalmon talking about developing an engagement strategy for @DeepSouth_NZ #scicomm15 19 minutes ago
- RT @Jamienzherald: NZ to commit up to $200m on climate change nzherald.co.nz/news/article.c… 1 hour ago
- RT @FossiloftheDay: Thanks for joining the first #FossilOfTheDay for #COP21. #Belgium and #NewZealand are in the lead to be the worst! http… 1 hour ago