About REBECCA PRIESTLEYI’m a science historian and writer. I write about all sorts of things, but I’m mostly interested in New Zealand’s science history, about which I’ve curated two exhibitions, The Art of Science and Butterflies, Boffins & Black Smokers. I write a regular science column for The Listener, which you can read here, and I’ve completed four books, which you can read more about here. I’m now working on an anthology of Antarctic science, which should be finished ... soon and trying to decide between two new book projects: a worthy history of science biography and a fun contemporary science story. Perhaps I'll do both. I mostly blog when I'm adventuring - most of these posts are from recent trips to Antarctica and the Kermadec Islands.
- Just got my copy of The Lives of Colonial Objects :). Thanks @AWanhalla & @LachyPaterson & Annabel Cooper! http://t.co/U1iggV3KZz 6 hours ago
- RT @MichaelPlankNZ: Sustainable seas NSC looking for an Engagement & Communication leader and a Vision Mātauranga leader http://t.co/UIMWFR… 10 hours ago
- "Some of the least observed seawater on the planet": great to see Craig Stevens' sea ice work in Kia Ora mag http://t.co/Gh6061TfTB 10 hours ago
- RT @AcademicsSay: The @AcademicsSay Experiment | @chronicle chronicle.com/article/Academ… http://t.co/UXQ95IMNW2 23 hours ago
- And there's a piper! #dunedin http://t.co/Vafy4QD2an 2 days ago