About REBECCA PRIESTLEYI’m a science historian and writer. I write about all sorts of things, but I’m mostly interested in New Zealand’s science history, about which I’ve curated two exhibitions, The Art of Science and Butterflies, Boffins & Black Smokers. I write a regular science column for The Listener, which you can read here, and I’ve completed four books, which you can read more about here. I’m now working on an anthology of Antarctic science, which should be finished ... soon and trying to decide between two new book projects: a worthy history of science biography and a fun contemporary science story. Perhaps I'll do both. I mostly blog when I'm adventuring - most of these posts are from recent trips to Antarctica and the Kermadec Islands.
- RT @AlisonBallance: Coral-like plant is one of 2015 Top 10 New Species - related to unusual NZ plant I'm holding rnz.to/1BezDqB htt… 3 hours ago
- Who wants to work with me and @rhiansalmon at @scieVUW?! We're looking for someone: 18 month contract. Info at sciencernr.wordpress.com/2015/05/22/wer… 3 hours ago
- RT @scieVUW: Science, teaching, & more: we'e looking for someone to join our Science & Society team at @VicUniWgtn! Info at https://t.co/0B… 3 hours ago
- Skulked into staff cafe to have glass of wine to help me finish a chapter and find I'm not the only one. It's a thing! #friday #sopleased 5 hours ago
- First conversation of day was 8yo son informing me re size of the universe as of yesterday. Think he likes saying googolplex #waytomyheart 11 hours ago